Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Text Message Relationship


I've been having a "relationship" where most of the communication has been by texting. We've known each other quite a long time but I have decided that we never saw much of each other because 1. He doesn't like my dog and 2. He isn't into children....or at least my boys.

I guess I should have known from the get go that it wouldn't work. The times he has been invited over for dinner, he never shows. Even though he is an avid hockey fan, he has never seen my boys play, nor joined us going to a high school game. I know it's not the same as the Minnesota Wild, but still..........

He was suppose to come over last night and watch the hockey game with me. It was a late game and he should have arrived around 9:00. The phone started ringing around 1:30 this morning. So much for him.

I sent him a text this morning to stop calling and texting me. It seemed an appropriate way to end things - it would seem strange to do it any other way.


7 comments:

  1. How can I say this nicely? What a jerk wad! You can do better than that. He doesn't deserve you. Anyone who has so little regard for another person's interests/feelings, etc. is a dog. I've known guys like that, too, and they're a waste of time. Perfect way to end it. Sorry that had to happen to you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - what a jerk... You don't need him and he just doesn't realize what he's missing out on. Well you could have done it on a post-it note!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, from my point of view, that creature is pretty superficial and shallow --

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just plain odd to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey If he doesnt like kids or animals what good is he? Theres a better person just waiting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, other than he deserves a good swift kick in the shins (and the nads). Love the sendoff you gave him, how appropriate...

    ReplyDelete