Thursday, March 26, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy


Lately I haven’t been myself. The last few days I have been feeling really down. I know there are a lot of factors involved that are constantly on my mind.

I am still unemployed. I miss the structure and adult camaraderie of the workday....and of course, a paycheck!

The weather sucks. I do take my dog out everyday, but when it is raining and snowing it isn’t as enjoyable as taking a nice long walk on a warm sunny day.
I’ve also forgotten how messy Spring can be with a four legged pooch. Every time he goes outside, he is dragging mud into my house.

And tomorrow might be it – I’m going to court at 10:30 and our divorce probably will be finalized.
I can’t say I have any regrets, other than getting laid off, this past year has been really good.
At first, I was thinking tomorrow night I should go out and celebrate. But the more I think about it, I don’t feel it is too appropriate when it comes to my children. It has drastically changed their lives and divorce isn’t something to "celebrate."
I probably won’t want to spend the night at home, so dinner and a movie with my two little guys might be in order.

I’ll post more tomorrow after our court appearance.

Wish me luck!


6 comments:

  1. I literally have to wipe doggie's paws when she comes in from outside. lol. Hope things go smoothly in court. Dinner and a movie sounds good. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another chapter in your life will now begin. I hope it is everything wonderful you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's hope the weather brightens up soon, and our moods along with it. Though looking at the forecast... *sigh*
    Dinner & a movie does sound like a good idea, spend it with your #1 dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not making this up - my captcha phrase was singlho. Made me giggle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. heyyy, I have to say one thing... divorce is the end of a chapter and a start to a new one-- you're gonna feel a load off your back after court!! Here's to new chapters in life--cheeeeeerz!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree divorce isnt something to be celebrated but it after all a chance for a brand new start. Hope ya get to feeling better real soon! Hang in there

    ReplyDelete