Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Friendships


Jerzeyjeep always leaves comments on my blog. I can’t speak for her, but we seem to share something that is different. If I personally knew her, I think we would really get along.

Anyway, I just went to see if she has updated – she hasn’t since March 9th. Her last post was about her friend P.

P reminds me so much of my friend Lori. We also have been friends for 34 years. I don’t know if I wrote about her on Journalspace, but we have an unusual friendship.

She moved to Minnesota from the Chicago area when we were in 5th grade. Her Dad worked for the Federal Highway Department so they moved around a lot. She has three older brothers – one played football with my brother.

Her family only lived here for one year, but that year really made an impact on my life.

We have been best friends ever since.

Our lives are in sync. I remember back in 5th grade, our Moms bought us a “training bra.” The funny thing was, we got them on the same day. Being as close as we were, our Moms really didn’t develop any type of friendship. I think it was just coincidence.

Ever since, everything that happens in our lives happens at the same time.

She doesn’t have any children, but treats mine like her own.

She was born in Minnesota, has lived in Michigan, North Dakota, California, and now resides in Colorado.

I still have letters that we wrote each other after 5th grade. We have always kept in touch and now try and see each other a couple times a year.

The memories and stories I have about the two of us are many. Man, the trouble we caused during our high school and college years when we got together - it probably was a good thing we didn't live closer to each other!

True friendships last a lifetime. I am blessed to have her in my life.

5 comments:

  1. Can you find jerzyjeeps emaill address? I'm sure she would love to hear from you. Friends are hard to come by and easy to lose.

    I do not know her address or I would shoot her a message on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another blogger mentioned the fact the Jerzeyjeep no longer posts here. Strange coincidence. My best friend and I have been best friends for 35 years. Those are the greatest friends in the world. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your training bra got quite a workout....snicker

    ReplyDelete
  4. good true friends are so hard to find and even harder to keep sometimes Hope ya get in touch with her soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words. I'm still around - just not posting much. things here are hectic. When I go to write - there's not much to say...

    Yea, we do have that special bond and also feel that if we met, we'd hit it off. Which could be a scary thought. Getting ready to visit with my friend P next weekend, so maybe I'll post something after that.

    If you need to get in touch: jerzeyjeep@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete