Sunday, April 26, 2009

Forgiveness

I haven’t told anyone that my ex will be moving home this week.

I spoke to my mom this afternoon and she is telling me that I shouldn’t feel "obligated" to take care of him.

He has three brothers that live in the city, and I know they would help out any way they can. But I certainly don’t want him moving into their house at this time.

I would feel guilt for the rest of my life if he didn’t move back home.

My mom is a church going person. The church is a big part of her life. Why doesn’t she understand forgiveness?

I know she never liked the guy, but we were married for almost 12 years, I have known him for 20. How can someone be so cold?

For me, forgiveness brings a kind of peace that helps a person go on with life.....

4 comments:

  1. You have to do what feels right in your heart. Just because people go to church, doesn't make them good Christians. You don't have to do what others think is right, follow your own thoughts. I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a good heart....follow it

    ReplyDelete
  3. God love you. I thought about this a bit and this is an act of pure mercy. This is the right call. The job is going to be difficult and you will have some despair along the way. In the end once it is all over you can look at yourself in the mirror and have absolutely no regrets.

    There is a special place in heaven for someone like you. This is the very definition of selfless.

    I am humbled and honored to know you.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgiveness is one of the toughest things to do, and you are accomplishing MORE, not only for him, but an example for the boys, also peace within yourself--this is huge! major hugs at ya :-)

    ReplyDelete