Saturday, April 25, 2009

Decisions

My ex was discharged from the hospital yesterday.

He is in stage 4 of his cancer. There is no stage 5.

His prognosis is 3 to 6 months. I have been doing some soul searching and think I am going to ask him to move back home.

He now regrets not spending time with his children and being a part of their lives like he should have. He wants to spend his remaining time with his kids.

I don’t want him alone as I know he is going to get sicker and will need help.

In the coming months, he will need hospice. I can’t let him go through this alone.

I have a feeling my kids are going to grow up real fast in the coming months..................

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for this. What a journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a dear and forgiving soul with a big heart!The best of luck to all of you. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a difficult thing to go through! I think your decision is the right one. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is an incredibly unselfish thing to do, S...you are a wonderful mother and the boys will appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto what the others said. You are a caring, forgiving person. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family here. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are a caring and forgiving person - putting someone's needs before you. What a fine example for your kids - this is one of the great lessons in life...

    ReplyDelete